We realize that many of our small business clients do not have the resources to deal with the ever-changing area of human resource management. Ignorance cannot protect your company in today’s litigious environment. Our certified HR professional can meet with management to discuss your current HR practices to help you understand areas of weakness in regard to compliance with federal, state, and local laws. This is typically done through an HR audit of your business with follow through in specific areas of concern.
When a full audit is not warranted, our HR professionals can assist you in the following areas:
- Policies: If you don’t have an employee handbook or your handbook is more than five years old, it is time to update this very important tool in your business.
- Job design and analysis: Job descriptions are important for all positions within your organization. The starting point for a job description is the job design and analysis.
- Recruitment: Recruiting can be quite time consuming. Our HR professionals can help alleviate the time burden for you in posting and filling your open positions saving the final hiring decision to your management team.
- Training: Our staff can come to your business and provide consultation for those responsible for managing others or harassment training for your entire staff. This training is also available in our own classroom.
- Exit interviews: Some of the most important information management can get about how to improve their organization comes from departing employees. Exit interviews are key in obtaining this information; however, employees aren’t always willing to be honest or forthright with a superior or manager to whom they used to report. Often, a third party will be able to garner information more easily. Our HR professionals can do this at key times, depending on the circumstances of the employee’s departure, including just prior to or just after departure or three months after leaving your organization.
We also provide complimentary seminars on various topics that are pertinent in helping our clients be better informed in both HR and payroll practices. Call us if you would like to be added to our contact list for these free seminar offerings. All seminars have limited space and are on a first-come first-served basis with preference given to current clients.
For more information please email Jill Scheetz at [email protected] or call 215-997-7270.